Pet Shop Boys in Paris
Bonjour et bienvenue sur le nouveau forum Francophone des fans des Pet Shop Boys !
Plus beau, plus simple et plus d'options pour le grand bonheur de tous...
Pascal.

Pet Shop Boys in Paris
Bonjour et bienvenue sur le nouveau forum Francophone des fans des Pet Shop Boys !
Plus beau, plus simple et plus d'options pour le grand bonheur de tous...
Pascal.

Pet Shop Boys in Paris
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

♥ FORUM FRANCOPHONE DES PET SHOP BOYS ♥

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  GalerieGalerie  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Apple MacBook Air (2020) 13,3″ Puce Apple M1 – RAM 8Go/SSD 256Go
799 €
Voir le deal

Literally 38

4 participants
AuteurMessage
lionel
V.I.P
V.I.P
lionel

Literally 38 Empty
MessageSujet: Literally 38   Literally 38 EmptyLun 30 Juil - 20:25

Reçu aujourd'hui Very Happy

Literally 38 P1020510
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
jugamera
V.I.P
V.I.P
jugamera

Literally 38 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Literally 38   Literally 38 EmptyLun 30 Juil - 21:15

y a t'il des infos intéressantes sur le nouvel album ? ou sur l'enregistrement avec andrew dawson ?
lionel
V.I.P
V.I.P
lionel

Literally 38 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Literally 38   Literally 38 EmptyLun 30 Juil - 21:29

jugamera a écrit:
y a t'il des infos intéressantes sur le nouvel album ? ou sur l'enregistrement avec andrew dawson ?

Je l'ai seulement parcouru pour l'instant. Il y a un très long chapitre sur LA...avec quelques photos de la villa qu'ils ont louée près de Beverly Hills, enfin surtout de la piscine Smile ...
Il est écrit que les détails complets sur l'album ainsi que sur sa genèse et son enregistrment seront évoqués dans le prochain numéro...

jugamera
V.I.P
V.I.P
jugamera

Literally 38 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Literally 38   Literally 38 EmptyLun 30 Juil - 21:31

j'ai lu sur le forum anglais que les psb ont répondu à une de mes questions ! Mais par la négative malheureusement.
giac the lad
V.I.P
V.I.P
giac the lad

Literally 38 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Literally 38   Literally 38 EmptyLun 30 Juil - 21:33

Pour ceux qui comprennent l'anglais (désolé, la flemme de traduire ce soir)

most songs for Elysium were written in their studio in 2011
- at least three songs were written in hotel rooms during the Take That tour (I'm guessing Your early stuff is among them?)
- one song was written in 2010
- Neil: 'It's got a lot of depth, that's what I think about it. It's got a lot of truth. It's really about negotiating life at our age.' Chris: 'Without therapy'.
- they had '20 or 22 songs' for the new album. They worked on 16 (which would mean that, if The way through the woods is one of these, there are three further non-album songs to emerge from the Elysium recording sessions)
- a few songs (inc. Listening) which were written in 2011 they didn't record because 'they're not really 'us' kind of records'
- Neil: 'It sounds slightly different from our records' - he wouldn't describe it as 'sunshine-y'!
- N&C accidentally sent ALL their demos to Dawson, rather than just the songs they'd earmarked for the album, and Dawson encouraged them to work further on songs which they had overlooked - 'and they now seem glad that this happened'
- 'Actually,' Chris points out to Neil, 'he didn't get everything. I've got much more. I've got a whole dance album he didn't get.'
- Neil mentions two further songs: one which Dawson didn't get called 'Bruce Springsteen' and one he did get called 'We're not going to the opera' - a folk song about being gay in the eighties...
- Trevor Horn was the first person to suggest to them (way back) that they record in LA
- when they were writing in 2011 they were thinking of 'getting a new angle on electronic music' and were taken with Kanye West's '808s and Hearbreak.
- they were going to do a film soundtrack - but that fell through
- they wanted a specific 'big' backing vocal sound for some of the songs they'd written: 'Not gospel, but a sort of very full LA-sounding...'
- the week with the old synths was in a studio in Sherman Oaks - Dre and Eminem worked there
- as well as the Michael Jackson backing singers, they worked with a vocal harmony group called Sonos for the song 'Ego Music' - they were looking for a sort of 'jazz harmony sound'
- Neil on Ego Music: 'I don't know if it's going to be on the album or not at the moment. It might be simply too nasty to be on the album.'
- American producers place more emphasis on the rhythm track, and the vocal's a bit louder
- There are fragmentary details of the track 'Hold on' - which was being mixed when Literally spoke to N&C - they suggest that on Hold on they use an 808 bass drum to play bass notes - something they've never done before (?)
- it looks like a lyric from Hold on is: 'There's got to be a future or the world will end today'
- Neil suggests the whole album was inspired by a piece of music by Handel that he heard on the radio and became mildly obsessed by - and then Chris set a new melody to it....
http://soundcloud.com/djgiac-bootlegs/
jugamera
V.I.P
V.I.P
jugamera

Literally 38 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Literally 38   Literally 38 EmptyLun 30 Juil - 21:37

Très intéressant tout ça ! je recevrai la revue que dans 2 jours, hâte de le lire.
lionel
V.I.P
V.I.P
lionel

Literally 38 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Literally 38   Literally 38 EmptyLun 30 Juil - 21:51

jugamera a écrit:
j'ai lu sur le forum anglais que les psb ont répondu à une de mes questions ! Mais par la négative malheureusement.

En effet...je viens de lire ta question.

"do you think it's still possible for you to have a number one single in the UK or US charts ?"

Chris: No
Neil: No

Ils expliquent que l'une des raisons est qu'ils sont trop vieux et qu'ils ne passeront pas souvent en radio et, sans cela, il est est impossible d'avoir un hit.

Kyliemusic
V.I.P
V.I.P
Kyliemusic

Literally 38 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Literally 38   Literally 38 EmptyLun 30 Juil - 23:13

lionel a écrit:
jugamera a écrit:

En effet...je viens de lire ta question.

"do you think it's still possible for you to have a number one single in the UK or US charts ?"

Chris: No
Neil: No

Ils expliquent que l'une des raisons est qu'ils sont trop vieux et qu'ils ne passeront pas souvent en radio et, sans cela, il est est impossible d'avoir un hit.

Ils sont d'un réalisme, d'une modestie et d'une honnèteté étonnants ! c'est aussi pour cela que je les aime !
Contenu sponsorisé

Literally 38 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Literally 38   Literally 38 Empty

Literally 38
Page 1 sur 1